Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Naming GTH

Last July (2012) members from each department, along with the design team, sat down in a very important brainstorm meeting: the naming of ND#28 Ghost of Thornton Hall. This meeting was only to get a feel and better understanding of what was going to happen in the story, and then play around with different key words and possibly even some different title ideas. The meeting would end with everyone still thinking, because it would be a couple more weeks' process before we decided on an actual, solid title.


Some of the key words that were thought up and written on our conference room whiteboard included "terror", "spirit", "legend", along with the classic key words like "haunting", "secret" and "shadow". I can't share with you the rest of the key words because they hint at what happens in the game, or what can be found at the Hall.

It's super exciting getting to be a part of this history! I can barely contain my excitement over sharing this game with you, but it's still really early in the build process...more behind-the-scenes info to come later!

~Little Jackalope~

7 comments:

Crazy101 said...

I Would love if nancy would wear this 1940's dress in the most perfect shade of true lipstick red lace Or A Vintage 1640s Dress

Anonymous said...

Do you think You could tell us about the Hall itself? Like 'What is the 'hall' ' Is it a house or what? Also,I'd like to replay one of my games but not sure which one(I don't have all of them) Do you have a suggestion? Thanks!

From me,
Silvertongue.

Hannah said...

Oh cool! I hope later when GTH is realised you can reveal some of the other possible title ideas the team came up with.

Shainnen Somerville said...

GTH is coming closer and closer to us!! Can't wait!!!!

Little Jackalope said...

@Teagpow -- I could totally imagine Nancy wearing that kind of dress! In fact, I think I would wear that, too.

@Silvertongue -- If you can't get a new one, then I'd suggest playing a snowy game...if you have snow at your place. :) But don't forget to have some cocoa or hot tea while playing!

As for the Hall...it's a home/house/building...where things happen. o.O

@Hannah -- I'm itching to spoil more info right now, but yes, I hope to reveal more goodies, perhaps even crazy titles we came up with. :)

@Shainnen Somerville -- Yes! It is coming!! XD Eek!

Cuba said...

I have played and loved all the games so far! Excited and full of anticipation for GTH!! ^_^ It is awesome to see such creativeness (includes Lil' Jackalope with even to your responses to comments on the blog). Keep up the fun, logic, and mind building games, in which I feel like I always gain something from playing them!!
~Cuba~

Charlotte said...

OMG!!! Thanks so much, jackalope!