Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Sudden Decision

We had another top-secret walk-through meeting today for Ghost of Thornton Hall. I'll try not to spoil it for you, but a small mention came up of a few second chances that we have done in the past. This instance is where you, as Nancy Drew, must make a quick-second decision to... well... do something.

A couple of examples that came to my mind were the ones from The Final Scene and The Haunted Carousel.


In The Final Scene, there is a moment where you are walking back stage and you see dust falling from above as you hear something coming from that direction. You are left with a few decisions: continue forward, stay put, look up, or move backwards. If you don't move fast enough, your head will soon be hurting and it's lights-out Nancy.


Same thing in The Haunted Carousel; you receive a note to arrive downstairs, but it's a dead-end. At this point something big from above comes flying down at you!!

Perhaps a word of advice to culprits and villains in the future: when it comes to Nancy, giving her a 2-second warning does not improve your chances of hurting her. Giving her a smack on the head from behind is more risky, but definitely a more accurate, and guaranteed hit.

Also, Happy 18th birthday to Andreea!!!


~Little Jackalope~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only 18 yr old who plays these lol.I've been playing these since i was about 10. :)

Anonymous said...

I definatly remember the one in the Haunyed Carousel but never played the final scene. isn't there an instant like those in Kapu Cave??

From me,
Silvertongue.

Shainnen Somerville said...

Oh my gosh HeR, I can't wait until the day comes for the premiere of The Ghost of Thornton Hall! I feel like it was just yesterday where I was 11 years old and I was waiting until Curse of Blackmoor Manor was coming out. Keep up with the insider scoop on this awesome game(:

ComicalCrafty said...

Haha - I also remember several moments in SAW that required quick thinking. :) But I won't give any spoilers around here...

Anonymous said...

Now I know that when I'm playing the game, I'll have to be on my toes.