Monday, August 6, 2012

Time Goes By...Fast!

Oh my! Where did the time go today? It went by so very fast, and here's why: tomorrow we launch our Kickstarter campaign! We have been busy preparing for this for a long time now, putting great care into our presentation. Why? Because we want our games to go mobile (starting with Tomb of the Lost Queen). This means the real-full game (just like the PC/Mac games) will be playable on on both Android and iOS tablets and phones. I don't know about you, but getting to play a full Nancy Drew game in the car on a road trip sounds like a good pastime! The only way to make this happen is if we raise enough money to get it going.


Anyways, I've been thinking about time, especially when you are busy focusing on something important. When playing a Nancy Drew game, what feels like only an hour can turn into a really late night when you are having fun solving a mystery. Phoenix herself admitted to staying up really late playing a game or two. XD Nancy doesn't mind, though. If the game happens in a single day or night, then she is still awake with you. If you play a game where it switches between day and night, well, lucky for Nancy who gets plenty of rest!

By the way, it looks like one person had the right idea for a solution to the weekend puzzle. ;) Here's another hint: L = E.

And thanks all for the tips when it comes to my password. It isn't any of the following: koko kringle, KokoKringles, Jackalopesrule, awsume, anunakie, aliens or Spacebaby. Any other thoughts? :P

~Little Jackalope~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you can answer this question yet, but can you tell us how much the games will cost for mobile devices? Is it going to be 20 dollars just like the regular games or will it be less?

--LS

Stefanie P. said...

I'm thinking the password might be laleche, or possibly just the word "milk". Sure, it's Spanish.. but who knows? Give it a try! :)

Future Animator said...

Well... I feel really bad not helping out in Kickstarter. But there's no way I can help in Kickstarter if I want to pre-order DED. :( But I do think porting the games to tablets and phones are a wonderful idea. My iPod touch will hold a long charge than my computer will for car trips, and I can bring my iPod to places that I can't bring my computer! :D
I have to admit, I've been guilty of pulling all nighters to finish a game... >.<
Hmm... I haven't looked at the puzzle yet. ;P I haven't ha the time.
I'll keep thinking about a good password.
So... I was watching the teaser trailer for DED. I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. The date on the paper says September 27th. Is that a date that means anything? A friend and I have been talking about this for a while. And CAP and DED seem to be very close with releases.

Grace said...

Could the password be "SonnyJoonWasHere"? haha

Anonymous said...

the password MUST be AliansRreal

samantha said...

It Could Be >Sonny Joon Waz Here<

Crazy101 said...

Hey Little J Would that be cool if her interactive make a little game on phones so you can get a little bite of whats in store in her interactive? OH your pass word mite be DARE TO PLAY or SONNY WUZ HERE

Teagpow {New Amateur Sleuth}

Anonymous said...

mabie the aliens are coming? that's the title of the post. it would be ironic if that was the password.
~GJ fan

Anonymous said...

I'd like to play TMB again but I'm not allowed to reinstall it right now due to stupid computer problems. The,on-the-go Nancy thing would be cool if I had a tablet or phone. Two things to try.
1. Rude
2. S.P.I.E.D.

From me,
Silvertongue.

Anonymous said...

I was think the same thing. It has to be S.P.I.E.D. or something with that word in it, or S.P.I.E.D. withour the dots. :)
Your sleuth,
~>D

Little Jackalope said...

@--LS -- We have not yet decided on the price for the mobile games, but if we do reach our goal, we will let you know when we begin making the games. ;)

@Future HeR Animator -- The date? We'll just have to wait and see... (~.^)

@Grace -- Thanks Grace! While you spelled it correctly, you were off by one letter...sonny spells "was" as "wuz". :P