Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Snow, yet?

I'm hearing that many places in the U.S. are getting snow already! Winter is coming and it might just be me, but I thought I smelled snow in the air the other day. (Here at the office we don't have any ice or snow yet.) It is getting colder, though, and my numbed fingers today are proof of this.

With winter coming soon, I thought about the snowy games; Treasure in the Royal Tower, The White Wolf of Icicle Creek, and Warnings at Waverly Academy. ICE involves a lot of outdoor investigating (and a few icy accidents). For now, this is how I enjoy snow; by playing a Nancy Drew game. Oh to hear the sound of snow crunching underfoot, walking around until you nearly freeze, and then going indoors to spend a little time in the sauna and then heading upstairs to enjoy a hot meal...of which Nancy has to cook three times a day. French toast does sound good right about now...

Take a look at this! I found this snooping in the ICE art folders and thought it was very pretty.

Sunsets create purple and pink snow!
This makes me want to fetch some hot cocoa, grab a blanket and play a game in the protection of a warm house. Who's with me?

~Little Jackalope~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING picture! Did this actually appear in the game? I don't recall seeing it...

-- LS

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh I love that picture...was it in the game? I don't remember seeing it?

Krolmeister said...

That's beautiful...

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you.I love hot cocoa.I'm just waiting for my Nancy Drew game to come it at the Library so I can play it.Speaking of snow,I was just standing outside watching the few little tiny flakes floating past.It's beautiful.Not alot yet though and I'm glad.I love it but...not yet.
What a beautiful picture.I'd love to see something like that first hand wouldn't you?

From me,
Silvertongue.

Little Jackalope said...

I don't recall seeing it in the game...come to think of it.

I suppose I will play it again and try to look for it (there are actually three different screenshots of this, each with different tree and snow arrangements.)

Anyone else want to help me look for it? ;)

Anonymous said...

I've seen this screen shot in the game! It's when you stay out exploring to late and Nancy says, 'It's time to head in' or something like that. ;)