Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The World of Nancy Drew + Feathers

Isn't it amazing how many different things Nancy has done in the games? I find it so much fun trying things in the games that I would never get to do in real life, and other things I've never even thought of doing. How often have you climbed caves to look for bats, or disarm a bomb, or explore hidden rooms? Not to mention all the second chances (and still get to live through them). My personal favorite is getting to explore the different environments and cultures of different countries. These games offer a world (fictional and some non-fictional) of opportunities that we can enjoy in the comfort of our homes. It's fun to say to someone "the first time I drove a car was in The Secret of the Old Clock" or "I know what an ohm is and what a soldering gun does" or "of course I discovered a small fortune, it's just on the screen and not in my hands". How cool is that? What experiences were new to you when you played the games?

On a side note, I got to experience a new outdoor game with the HI team when I started here and just the other day earned the "Feathers of Shame". Here's my temporary trophy:I hope to pass these feathers on to someone else, but it's raining outside, so I will wallow in humiliation. (This is actually quite a funny situation among office folk).

Today's the last day to submit your entry into the Nancy Drew Missing iPad contest. Check out the video and send your solution to solved@herinteractive.com.
~Little Jackalope~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

driving a car in CLK and being a deteactive a sluth and new countires like itlay france the bahmamas and more,

Anonymous said...

I have the old school books of Nancy Drew, I love it! one has 3 books in one and its great! (Yellow Cover, similar to the one you have)

Shion said...

I HAVE THAT BOOK!!! :D!!