Thursday, May 6, 2010

Excitement and more

I'm sure you've heard the buzz! We'll hopefully you have. If not, you might find some interesting tidbits here.

I'm stoked. I've known for a little while now and let me tell you, it was hard keeping a lid on that secret. But as a luck would have it, I managed to interview someone from the art team about it today. Mikael, a master of both 2-D and 3-D techniques, gave me a little taste of what they've been doing for this Anniversary remake.

- Blurb of the Week -
I’ve been working on environments for the new Secrets Can Kill, so it’s been really neat to try and take the artwork from the past and incorporate some of our newer designs and features without taking away any of the cool things the original team did. It’s definitely challenging, and I will say that there’s so much we want to do with this game that we just can’t get the work done fast enough! Everyone is gonna love it.

--

Thanks for chatting with us, Mikael. And hey, if you can't get it done fast enough, just work a few more hours. Are you free Saturdays? :P

I believe I mentioned puzzle spoilers yesterday, so here they are:
- Puzzle 52 Answer -

This puzzle uses two codes, the first one is to translate the numbers from [hexadecimal] into [decimal]. It will look like this:
[ 111 1 2121 121 1 2 222 1121 2 1111
1 222 1211 211 2121 1211 222 2121 212
]

Next, take that answer and change the [1's into "." (dots)] and the
[2's into "-" (dashes)]. This gives you:
[ ... . -.-. .-. . - --- ..-. - .... . --- .-.. -.. -.-. .-.. --- -.-. -.- ]

It should be obvious at this point that the code you need is [ Morse Code ]
Translating it with that code gives you the final answer:
[Secret of the Old Clock]

--

Excellent job solving that one! We'll have another ready for you tomorrow.

- Novel (wow) -

No comments: